- How businesses can reduce risk and execute on opportunities amid record importing and exportingby Laura Newpoff on June 1, 2023 at 5:10 am
As a banker in First Horizon’s international department, John Gurney helps clients manage import and export payment risks and improve cash flow. He’s been in the industry for 30 years, but 2022 stood out to him as being remarkable for foreign exchange activity. That’s because a confluence of events steered clients toward international business to seize upon opportunities and mitigate future risk. It resulted in new highs for imports and exports, according to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Exports…
- Orlando companies harness the power of AI in revolutionizing health careby Orlando Economic Partnership on June 1, 2023 at 4:00 am
Artificial intelligence (AI) is making waves in advancing the future of health care by streamlining operations with analytics and workflow programs. Even as global VC funding experienced a 56 percent downturn in April 2023, health care and AI companies remained the most stable in the volatile fundraising market. The Orlando region is a hub of innovation in both these sectors with local companies developing AI to optimize the future of health care. AdventHealth, Care.ai and CareWork have made are…
- Brevard County to get U.S. Space Force Space Training and Readiness Command HQby Sarah Kinbar on May 31, 2023 at 10:47 pm
The STARCOM HQ at Patrick Space Force Base in Florida will train space professionals, develop space warfighting procedures, and test and evaluate U.S. Space Force capabilities.
- Orlando International Airport to build pedestrian walkway and more at new Terminal Cby Richard Bilbao on May 31, 2023 at 9:15 pm
The Orlando International Airport welcomed more than 52.7 million passengers for the 12-month period ending in March 2023.
- School District of Osceola County names 4 superintendent finalistsby Ryan Lynch on May 31, 2023 at 8:52 pm
All four finalists currently work in Florida public school districts.